New rumors suggest that Android 5.1 Lollipop will be released in February
The newest update of the mobile platform of Google has the sweet name Android 5.0 Lollipop was introduced this fall. Google is seeding the update on the first models in the list to get it, like the Nexus devices. In the last days the mobile giant released the minor update Android 5.0.1 Lollipop that includes bug fixes.
The rumor mill reveals that the Android 5.1 Lollipop will be launched in the beginning of the next year, most likely in February. It is expected to bring some improved features, like Silent Mode, better RAM management, enriched Material Design etc. So far the leaked information about the update is not officially confirmed by Google. The improvements revealed in rumors include:
- Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
- General improvements in system stability
- Improved RAM management
- Fixes for sudden app closures
- Improved battery management
- Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
- Issues with wireless connections fixed
- Problems with Okay Google function solved
- Notifications problems solved
- Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
- Other improvements and changes
- Changes in the Material Design color palette (after users complaints, possibly for a higher version though)
The Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update is already rolling out to Motorola Moto G (2014). Few models, like Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Edge are getting the Android 5.0.1 straight away by skipping the Android 5.0.0.