A Cumulative update for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview is getting launched
A new update of the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview OS is getting released. The build 10586.29 brings bug fixes of the previous update therefore it has .29 at the end. It is a Cumulative Update that provides and improved user experience, enriched Edge browser, improved compatibility with Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight apps and etc. Microsoft has listed the improvements of the platform:
- You will see additional improvements in upgrade experience, including devices with limited free space, map rendering on update, and RCS enabled device settings.
- Improved application backwards compatibility for Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight applications.
- Edge performance and stability has been improved. Auto-completion has been updated to allow user to more easily edit the end of the URL in the address bar.
- Additional Bluetooth stability improvements.
- We have resolve issues on switching the active cellular connectivity profile on Dual SIM devices.
- Data profiles are now correctly restored in the out of box experience that would prevent some devices from sending or receiving MMS messages.
The mobile giant revealed that it is planning to include more devices to the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview program, like Microsoft Lumia 550, Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL and LG Lancet. They are expected to join the program this week. The update might not be a major upgrade of the platform but it will improve the performance of the devices that can get it and the bug fixes are always welcome.