Google presented the newest update of the platform – Android 5.1 Lollipop
For all of you Android users Google officially launched the new update of the Android Lollipop platform – the 5.1 version. The latest two minor updates 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 brought bug fixes and performance improvement of the operating system. The 5.1 Lollipop is not a major upgrade, however it does bring some of the most anticipated by users fixes and features. The first devices that are getting the Android 5.1 Lollipop are the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. What are the improvements in the new update?
- Silent mode – this is one of the most demanded by users features that were missing in 5.0 Lollipop.
- Quick Settings is enriched with the possibility to manage Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity right away.
- Support for Multiple SIM – the dual-SIM Android-running smartphones are becoming more and more popular, therefore there is no doubt that this feature will be much appreciated by users. With Android 5.1 Lollipop on board users will have the possibility to switch between SIM cards easy and fast.
- High definition voice calling is provided in the new update.
- The great security feature that comes with 5.1 Lollipop is the lock of the device that doesn’t unlock it until the user signs into his/her Google account. The device will not unlock even after factory restarts. For now Google is providing this feature for Nexus 6 and Nexus 9. The company is planning to extend the support for it to much more models in the near future.
Overall the Android 5.1 Lollipop brings bug fixes and improves the performance of the software for more fulfilling user experience. Google is supposed to start rolling out the update soon, however exact dates are not revealed just yet.